The terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to the Company. This document applies to users of the Company websites, products and services only and not to any other websites, products or services offered by us.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is a Company Director.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites, information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by the Company and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our websites and/or the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• Details of objects and journeys that you track while using our website, products and services.
IP Addresses & Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
They help us to improve our websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
• To estimate our customer base and usage pattern;
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our websites according to your individual requirements;
• To recognise you when you return to our websites.
• To ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do
• To notify you about changes to our service. We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those
which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are not yet a customer we may contact you by electronic means after you sign up for our services. To stop receiving such messages simply remove your account from our server.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to HCPC registered hearing care professionals who may contact you about your hearing. We will not pass your details on to any other third parties.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the Company at the address below. Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or
liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
addressed to the Company.
20a High Street